Thought for the week

"Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him." Proverbs 30:5


Tuesday 15 January 2019

Mixed Media Journal cover - DT SplashlyMixChallenge

Hello everyone,

I am a member of the Design Team from Splashy Mix Challenge.
I am excited to share my "Garden of Faith" Journal as a DT.

It's a while since I did some Mixed media and this was awesome to get messy again 
with some Mixed media products.

I have collected through the year a lot of stuff. 
Some of my Chippies or products are from my stash and I can not remember from whom
they are but I will list the products below.

Every year I ask my Facebook friends and family to leave me a word 
started with the First letter of their name.

I create something for everyone with a Bible verse and placed it in a file.
This year I decided to create a Garden of Faith Journal and everything will go in this Journal.

Hope you will join us in the fun and we are looking forward to seeing your creations.
Our first Challenge Theme is -  Anything Goes

Our Sponsors

International Challenge Winner
$30 USD value prize from 


National Challenge Winner
Rs. 1000 Value prize from 


3 DT Favourites



Below are pictures and a tutorial for the Journal
I created a video if you like to visit my Youtube channel.














Tutorial

I used a 15,5 x 21,5cm Journal


I covered the front with White Gesso and place my embellishments on it.
I used a stencil and some Heave Gesso  - The Crafters Workshop - Mini Sketch grid
Brick Chippies - Enmarc
Faith word - Enmarc
Garden word - mixed letters in my stash
Leaves - 49 and market
Lace and Burlap from my stash


I Gesso everything and let them dry overnight


The next day - Let the fun begin

I used Acrylic paint - Burnt Umber
Golden Medium Acrylic Glazing Liquid
Mix them together and paint the whole front cover


After applying one layer wait a few minutes and wipe everything
of with Wet wipes, until you are satisfied with the color.
I normally do a second layer of the same color.


After you wipe it off and it is dry enough for another color.
You can start with another color.
The second color is Magenta


Mixed again your Acrylic paint and Golden Glazing
then paint where you like to have the color.


Now I started to build my theme.
The fence and Garden tools are from my stash
I used my Glue gun to glue everything down.


After I glued the fence and the garden tools
I used the Burnt Umber and Magenta color again over these embellishments.
After drying I started to place my flowers


I started to paint my flowers in different colors.
Tim Holtz - Distress Paint - Festive Berries



I used Prima Colour Bloom - Antique Gold and 
Dylusions ink Spray - White Linen


Spray and wipe some of the colors of 


Then I used some of Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain
Cracked Pistachio


I started to color my flowers and Chippies again.
I used Tim Holtz - Distress Paint
Spun Sugar and Mowed Lawn



For some shine I used
Prima Acrylic Paint - Opal Magic and Metallique Vintage Rose
with some Bo Bunny - Copper Glitter Paste



I used the Burnt Umber and Magenta colors that were
over for the back cover



I also used some Perfect Pearls
Perfect Copper and Forever Green


When I was satisfied with everything I sprayed some
Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Dazzling Diamond



The product I used:

Journal: 15,5 x 21,5 cm
Liquitex Acrylic: White Gesso
Stencil: The Crafters Workshop - Mini Sketch grid
Finnabair - Heavy Gesso
Enmarc: Chippies Bricks and Faith (word)
Letters: from stash
49 and Market: Leaves
Lace: Stash
Fence, Bicycle, Garden tools, and Scarecrow stash
Green Tara and Jolee's Ek Success - Flowers
Acrylic Paint - Burnt Umber and Magenta
Golden Medium Acrylic Glazing Liquid
Prima Colour Bloom - Antique Gold
Dylusions ink Spray - White linen
Tim Holtz - Distress Spray Stain - Cracked pistachio
Tim Holtz - Distress Paint - Festive Berries, Spun Sugar and Mowed Lawn
Prima Acrylic Paint - Opal Magic and Matallique Vintage Rose
Bo Bunny - Copper Glitter Paste
Perfect Pearls - Perfect Copper and Forever Green
Tim Holtz - Distress Oxide Ink - Black Soot
Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Dazzling Diamond
Decor - Ribbon and Jewelry Stash 

Thank you for your visit
Be Happy Be Creative

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by.
Those leaving a comment on any posts on RachelleS Creations blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to that personal information being seen.
Please know that your comment is valued.
Hugs Rachelle